US, Jan.18 – Xpeng (“XPeng” or the “Company”, NYSE: XPEV, HKEX: 9868. HK) is picked for IBD 50 Stocks To Watch amid impressive growth in sales and deliveries.
XPeng’s sales and deliveries in 2021
Xpeng outsells NIO and Li Auto in December 2021 deliveries.Xpeng announced beautiful delivery results, record high with 16,000 EVs in December 2021 (up 181% year-over-year). surpassing its 15,000-vehicle monthly delivery target twice this year.
A total of 41,751 vehicles were delivered in the fourth quarter of 2021, up 222% from the same period last year. This is the second quarter in a row that XPeng has been the highest delivery volume among these three companies, with sales number 41,751 that are ahead of NIO at 25,034 units and Li Auto at 35,221 units.
Others investors’ views in 2022
- Jan.17 – Zaobao (the leading Chinese-language newspaper in Singapore) reported that the fund owned by U.S. “stock goddess” Catherine Wood purchased its first electric car stock in 2022, not Tesla, but Chinese-owned XPeng.
- Jan.15 – Macquarie initiated XPeng at Outperform with a target price of 221 HKD. It forecasts a CAGR of 31.4% in Mainland electric vehicle sales over 2021-2024, compared with XPeng’s CAGR of 63.1% in sales and 66.3% in revenue.
- Jan.5 – CICC maintains its 2022 earnings forecast and “outperform” rating for Xpeng, which has a 37% upside to its current share price in 2022, and estimates that Peng will earn $376 million in 2023 for following reasons.
- Jan.5 – Daiwa maintains a “Buy” rating on XPeng’s U.S. shares, Daiwa’s research report says that XPeng’s 2022 deliveries could double to more than 186,000 units. Daiwa expects the XPeng P5 and P9 to be the main sales drivers in 2022.
XPeng’s Action in 2022
Photo credit: XPeng
- XPeng flying car – HT Aero, an affiliate of Chinese electric vehicle maker Xpeng, officially announced that the Traveller X2 is scheduled to test fly in Europe in the first half of this year.
- XPeng G9 – Xpeng plans to launch the car in the third quarter of 2022. G9 is XPeng’s fourth production model after the G3 SUV and the P7 and P5 sedans, and is designed for both Chinese and international markets.
- Robotaxi business – In the second half of 2022, XPeng will start exploring the Robotaxi business. Through the capability of mass-production front-loading Robotaxi software and hardware, as well as future cooperation with various travel operators, XPeng can create greater business value.